Invasive Plant Species Control
We use a variety of control techniques: cutting, pulling, grazing, light deprivation, stem injection, stump treatment and foliar spraying.
- Monitoring of sites and advice on a recommended treatment program.
- Single treatments or a schedule of treatments.
- A report of work completed and an herbicide record sheet.
We work to the latest best industry standards for herbicide treatment of invasive plants.
Species treated (Common name/Scientific name):
- Rhododendron/Rhododendron ponticum.
- Japanese knotweed/Fallopia japonica.
- Himalayan balsam/Impatiens glandulifera
- Himalayan honeysuckle/Leycesteria formosa.
- Spotted laurel/Acuba japonica.
- Buddleia/Buddleja davdii.
We carry out invasive plant control within the national park, for local council countryside and planning services and for the construction industry.